What We Expect
MLER provides its Bar Exam Preparation Program students with a wide range of services. We expect our tutors to assist the student throughout the study process, which may include academic help or personal advice. MLER staff will be readily available to provide support to our tutors on more difficult or serious issues. Our tutors are trained to educate students on effective study and exam-taking skills. Tutors are also obligated to adhere to the following set of guidelines:
- Encourage students to attend MLER every week and take all exams.
- Encourage students to enroll in a commercial bar review course.
- Encourage students to create and follow a study schedule, and to review the
schedule with their tutors.
- Make positive comments to students.
- Contact students each week to check on their progress.
- Maintain a positive attitude regarding the student's success on the bar exam.
- Commit to attending your assigned tutor session every week.
Program Dates, Times, and Location
Classes for the MLER Bar Exam Preparation Program cover a six-week period, and commence in January (February bar) and June (July bar). See our Schedule for more information. All Program classes are held at the Northwestern University School of Law, 357 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611. Tutors are asked to attend every Thursday from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Enrollment for Volunteer Tutors
If you are a licensed attorney in Illinois and interested in registering as a volunteer tutor for our Bar Exam Preparation Program, please complete the online application: Website Tutor Registration Form.